Belfort Vs. Rockhold Shrouded In Controversy (Evidence Inside)

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    United States
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Belfort Vs. Rockhold Shrouded In Controversy (Evidence Inside)

With a win over Rockhold, Belfort solidified his place as the number one contender and legitimately vanquished his opposition...or did he?

As many fans and pundits alike have been pointing out, before Belfort throws the kick, Rockhold appears to nod as if to tell him "Now!!!" He even circled into the kick a bit if you look at his legs. This begs the question...can such an event be true?

If you look at Vitor's undefeated streak in Brazil, one would think there is some weight to the claim. Add to the fact the UFC has been showing us they operate more like a business lately and going for marketing (See Unworthy Contenders).

That being said...what is to market? Fights! What is a big market? Brazil! Imagine if every Brazilian on the main card lost. (Nothing against Brazilians here, awesome people, culture, food, country...just making a point). Would the Brazilians still come to see the next fight knowing how the last one ended? Again, I am not personally big on conspiracy theories, but these facts raise questions.

Another irony was the questionable decision Rafael Dos Anjos took home when many didn't feel he had remotely earned it. It's stuff like this that builds these rumors.

That being said, I am being impartial on this one and ONLY presenting what I have heard. More importantly, what do YOU ALL think about this?

Fukk a fake ass mothafukka!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Netherlands
    vCash

Re: Belfort Vs. Rockhold Shrouded In Controversy (Evidence Inside)

Yes, it's possible and it happens in many sport. But if it happens next time then there will be no more nod

Ireland
    vCash
    Purple Belt

what do i think........? HOLY SH*T MAN....JUST HOLY SH*T.... recordcompanyCEO has just messed with my head ( in a good way ) better words blew my mind!! this shit is crazy...... he defo nod's and then walk's into the kick,then bang...and it does not knock him out he fall's on his elbows....like my man said im not into conspiracy theories but fcuk me,this is crazy shit,it has happend lot's of times in boxing (going back a few years ago) ... i just wanna say that i dont know if it was planed or not,i dont have all the fact's so i dont know....COULD it be true,yes of course it could be...COULD it be false yes of course...in my opinion do i think it was set up or not...i dont know! i dont have all the fact's but it beg's to say it is defo worth a debate about it with like minded people,im so so happy my bro recordcompanyCEO brought this to my attention its a mind fcuk and i love topic's like this...so nice one man,deadly post,really is!! dont want to repeat my self but its defo some thing that should be talked about,cuz i never seen anything like this in the ufc befor... and sorry if i went on a rant there haha....
    Daco, jayo, Vitto and Floyd-G: Members of the MMA Brethren.

United States
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    what do i think........? HOLY SH*T MAN....JUST HOLY SH*T.... recordcompanyCEO has just messed with my head ( in a good way ) better words blew my mind!! this shit is crazy...... he defo nod's and then walk's into the kick,then bang...and it does not knock him out he fall's on his elbows....like my man said im not into conspiracy theories but fcuk me,this is crazy shit,it has happend lot's of times in boxing (going back a few years ago) ... i just wanna say that i dont know if it was planed or not,i dont have all the fact's so i dont know....COULD it be true,yes of course it could be...COULD it be false yes of course...in my opinion do i think it was set up or not...i dont know! i dont have all the fact's but it beg's to say it is defo worth a debate about it with like minded people,im so so happy my bro recordcompanyCEO brought this to my attention its a mind fcuk and i love topic's like this...so nice one man,deadly post,really is!! dont want to repeat my self but its defo some thing that should be talked about,cuz i never seen anything like this in the ufc befor... and sorry if i went on a rant there haha....
    Great post man. Solid. I felt the exact same way writing it as more ideas popped up into my head. It was enlightening, and it's entirely plausible. Is it a coincidence both Belfort and Big Nog have not lost in Brazil...ever? Just strange things like that. I don't want to take away from Vitor's win...he'll be trouble for Silva now for sure, but if it was set up, I feel bad for Rockhold. No amount of material compensation can make up for a lost chance in a career. However, if there were big times betting on this, it would make sense, the odds had some controversy too. If someone like a big shot was betting and they paid Rockhold 3 mil to throw it, the money they would make off of him throwing it would be more if they bet right. So this is interesting.
    Liked By: jayo

Ireland
    vCash
    Purple Belt

ahhh man,deadly post well said....i never even thought of the odds,but now that you brough that up he was like 3 or 4 to one the underdog (vitor) .... if the fight was threw there would have been a lot of money to be made off of this fight...now it get's even more interesting,,,see this is what we need people like mined that are going to look at this logically,really love this post one of my fav's man...really really good job (pat on the back) thats hugh tho man the betting thing a lot of money to be made there a Lot 3 to 1 fcuk me imagine putting 50 grand on that and winning,this makes it even more crazy and i love it haha.. wicked post my freind
    Daco, jayo, Vitto and Floyd-G: Members of the MMA Brethren.

Japan
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

So Luke threw the fight for money when he could of beaten Vitor and fight Silva for the title and make WAY more money.

This is complete nonsense.

Shingeki no Kyojin Season Two 2016

United States
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BrockLesnarIsMyMom View Post
    So Luke threw the fight for money when he could of beaten Vitor and fight Silva for the title and make WAY more money.

Ahhhh but possible nonsense...

Liked By: MogarIsReady

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

For some reason... Belford wants a title shot.. Oh ya of course :P

Netherlands
    vCash
    Black Belt

That spinning back k.o. was set up, if you was a martial artist, you would saw it, but you're probably not. Who said he threw the fight for money? Who said he will make more money by defeating Belford? The money you can get with false betting is really much. Also if Rockhold win he's next couple of fights he will can get a title shot.

Complete nonsense, with those arguments? Dude you post so much bullshit on fightnext, it gonna be sad.
    Liked By: RecordCompanyCEO

Netherlands
    vCash
    Black Belt

When I saw the fight between Rochhold and Belfort I had a weird feeling. This threat explains. Nice work RecordCompanyCEO

Japan
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

So Adam Cella, Terry Etim and Shogun aren't martial artists for not seeing spinning back kicks...

What bullshit do I post here? "Anabolistair Testostereem Overeem" stuff? I know you're mad because of that. Your hero isn't gonna win fights anymore. Not without steroids.

Dude, you post so much nonsense on FightNext. It's sad.

Last edited by Annie Leonhardt; 05-21-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

So Adam Cella, Terry Etim and Shogun aren't martial artists for not seeing the kick...

What bullshit do I post here? "Anabolistair Testostereem Overeem" stuff? I know you're mad because of that.

Dude, you post so much nonsense on FightNext. It's sad.
    Holy shit calm your little nerves and play along its a good funny story.

Japan
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by HateChamps View Post
    Holy shit calm your little nerves and play along its a good funny story.
    Tell that to butthurt horse meat eater above me.

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

im hungry now... all that horse meat remembered me that im in the middle of the night and hungry as hell!

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

STOP HATING ON COTE!

Japan
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Me too. 1:46 a.m. here. Hungry as f*ck. 20 more lbs to go... under 6 weeks.

Japan
    vCash
    Administrator

Do not start fighting again fellas, this way you just dont go offtopic but also screw someone else topic!
    Hatechamp, sometimes you're funny but it seem like most of the time only thing you do is joking around in every thread, i start getting why you get banned everywhere lol just be cool and keep it ontopic bro!
    ~Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.~

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Do not start fighting again fellas, this way you just dont go offtopic but also screw someone else topic!
    Hatechamp, sometimes you're funny but it seem like most of the time only thing you do is joking around in every thread, i start getting why you get banned everywhere lol just be cool and keep it ontopic bro!
    ight bro, most of the time ipost its in the middle of the night so im half here

United States
    vCash
    White Belt

Alright guys, let's get real here...There's NO WAY the UFC could ever get away with setting up fights. Decisions where the winner is robbed by the judges due to being in a hostile environment (prime example Matt Hamill vs Michael Bisping in England) are not uncommon at all in the UFC, which is why Dana White always says, "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges." Saying that the Belfort fight was a setup is preposterous, Rockhold didn't take a dive...he got caught. First fight in the UFC, in Brazil, against the #2 contender, walking straight forward, what did you think was going to happen? Point is, nobody would ever allow a TRT-induced religious fanatic to spinning wheel kick them into oblivion in a debut where Rockhold had everything to lose...and he lost it all. Rockhold is no idiot, and there's no amount of money you could pay a competitor like him to take a dive. This post is questioning the morals of warriors like Vitor and Rockhold, who have been training their whole lives for this opportunity. I suppose you think that the Silva vs Stann in Japan was a setup too. The point is, if you watch the entire fight from start to finish, it becomes clear how shallow and blatantly empty this thread is. I don't live in a fantasy world and am aware that the greed of these owners is probably a huge motivator in getting certain matchups, but it's a whole different ballpark when we start pointing fingers and making claims that fighters are taking dives in the UFC. Rewatch the fight from start to finish and tell me that you really think it was a setup. Plain and simple, I think you're dead wrong and both Rockhold and Belfort would probably want to strangle anyone who questions their ethical principles.

Japan
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Nice first post.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast