Was bruce lee the best fighter who ever lived?

Brazil
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Was bruce lee the best fighter who ever lived?

this guys dedicated his life to martial arts.some of his strikes are simply awesome.watch his one inch punch technique demostration

His volunteer to this demonstration was Bob Baker of Stockton, California. "I told Bruce not to do this type of demonstration again", Baker recalled. "When he punched me that last time, I had to stay home from work because the pain in my chest was unbearable".

what do you guys think?was lee the best martial artist who ever lived?
    Give that bitch a signature.Bitches love reading signatures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ireland
    vCash
    Brown Belt

Re: Was bruce lee the best fighter who ever lived?

I think most martial arts teach this. It has to do with a base and extending/ pushing your weight forward. notice his target is in a two feet together stance. Bruce shifts his weight from a neutral horse into a hard horse immediately before contact and then pushes with his knees, shoulder and elbow. I have slammed doors like this in front of my friends and they just don't get it. We called it something else i can't remember. I studied Chinese style as well , but it is probably universal to martial arts.

Brazil
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Necessary Evil View Post
    I think most martial arts teach this. It has to do with a base and extending/ pushing your weight forward. notice his target is in a two feet together stance. Bruce shifts his weight from a neutral horse into a hard horse immediately before contact and then pushes with his knees, shoulder and elbow. I have slammed doors like this in front of my friends and they just don't get it. We called it something else i can't remember. I studied Chinese style as well , but it is probably universal to martial arts.
    agree alot of people know this punch today.the point is he was the first who developed this technique.at least i think he was.

look at his 2 fingers push ups.its insane.

Ireland
    vCash
    Brown Belt

the whole video did not load initially. he changes his technique. Later on uses his hips in a more traditional square horse and shifts his weight from there. the principle and the target are the same. the philosophy and the over-training are what makes him the Goat. Nobody beats him at that weight or anywhere close. Especially without rounds to save them.

This is all ancient chinese training (not the two fingered push up thing). what Bruce did was incorporate other philosophies into his techniques and develop what we call MMA today. He speaks of opening the mind and staying fluid both mentally and physically. not allowing dogma or tradition to hold you back.

Mexico
    vCash
    Black Belt

Liked By: nofear

Brazil
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by I don't remember View Post
    nice vid bro.thanks for post it for us

Netherlands
    vCash
    Black Belt

That question can not be answered. Everyone has different points that lead to the best martial artist of all time. But one thing is certain. Bruce Lee is a legend and has certainly made his contribution to the world of martial arts.
    Liked By: centori

Alistair Overeem, Gegard Mousasi, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Canada
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

The guy got killed by an aspirin, but yes he was the best fighters against humans we could say

United States
    vCash
    Black Belt

I don't know.

I've never seen him fight outside a movie.

He was clearly an amazing guy though.

Peru
    vCash
    Blue Belt

I don't really know if he would've been the best fighter, like if he was alive and young and fought Cain Velasquez it would be hard for him to win. But I'd definitely say he was the best Martial Artist of all time. And if he was alive and young, and fought in his weight class he would be the champion at any given organization.

Argentina
    vCash
    Black Belt

Anderson Silva is the best
    Liked By: WarMan

United States
    vCash
    Blue Belt

He did use submissions in his movies. He wasnt all stand up

United States
    vCash
    Black Belt

Movies are all acted lol but besides that Bruce Lee wouldn't do well against fighters nowadays imo.. a lot of his fights are just acted "fixed" lol so who really knows it he would really be able to do what he did in his movies never know he might of had a glass jaw like Bob Sapp and Brendan Schaub maybe he showed Steven Segal that front kick he showed Silva before he died.

Argentina
    vCash
    Purple Belt

It 's a question that cannot be answered but his philosopy helped to face the martial arts from a different perspective . His Jeet Kune Do might be the style that made popular ( not sure if introduced ) a kind of MMA to the people.

Mexico
    vCash
    Green Belt

his oponent is not just gone stand there and wait for th e one inch punch no one is gona give em the time to do that in combat, u can break bricks pieces of wood etc etc how is dat gone help u in a fight, im a big bruce lee fan i mean who isnt, he wouldve controlled welterweight, light weight,featheweight division easily, the guy was ahead of his time, we never got to see em perform against a high caliber fighter or pretty much seen em fight ,he is one of the best fighters of all time, is he the best fighter who ever lived nooo hes not, i mean civilizations hav been around for thousands of years the spartans the mayans to name a few all had great fighters u guys are on a good one to say hes the gratest fighter thatever lived, back in the day boxers like jack johnson, jack dempsey would fight for like 45 rounds even more as far as the fight lasted, bruce lee never had a 40 round fight,deres also people like jigoro kano who invented judo, i bet u guys dint kno dat jack dempsey legendary heavyweight boxer one of the greatest of all time practiced judo,wrestling and jiu jitsu, i just dont think brucee lee is the best fighter who ever lived

United States
    vCash
    Blue Belt

Quote Originally Posted by Testostereem View Post
    Actually Fedor is the best.
    Liked By: knockout artist#1

When times change, new challenges arise, and new objectives occur
    The warriors look into the eyes of the future without fear or arrogance but with the confidence of those who are ready for battle.

Brazil
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Testostereem View Post
    this guy doesnt have his own opinion.he said in former thread fedor is the best now he says silva is the best.

even jesus said you cant be slave of two master bro,pick one

Brazil
    vCash
    Bantamweight Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Born Killer View Post
    Movies are all acted lol but besides that Bruce Lee wouldn't do well against fighters nowadays imo.. a lot of his fights are just acted "fixed" lol so who really knows it he would really be able to do what he did in his movies never know he might of had a glass jaw like Bob Sapp and Brendan Schaub maybe he showed Steven Segal that front kick he showed Silva before he died.
    dude i understand.but as i said before,lee learned everything that was possible about martial arts bro.he knew more about fights than all modern fighters together.but if you watch lee demontrating his skills in the Long Beach International Karate Championships youll see how good this guy is.

UK
    vCash
    Flyweight Champion

If Lee was born 20 years ago, I guarantee he would be kicking Aldo's ass lol